"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 6, 2020

Wedding Prep

Since we are expecting the return of our Messiah for us any day now we should be reminding ourselves that there is a wedding to prepare for.

 I was able to be in two weddings as a young girl---a flower girl in my aunt's wedding, and a "junior bridesmaid" for my sweet cousin.

I have such wonderful memories of the time leading up to those events! There was an expectancy for me, even as little as I was, as I stood for the fittings of the dresses, the finery. The showers were fun, full of games and joy. I remember sniffing the bouquets of flowers right before walking up the aisle, so fresh and lovely!

I was honored to be a part of several weddings as a young woman, too, and then I prepared for my own beautiful wedding!

I've been blessed to see two of my children wed.

Weddings are wonderful.

Everyone is happy, everyone is celebrating! Everyone looks good and enjoys the fellowship and significance of the ceremony! There's cake to represent communion, perhaps a meal, even. Presents to anticipate...

Weddings are fun.

We cannot prepare for this upcoming wedding materially, but I think we should spend some time thinking about spiritual preparation.

The Bible exhorts us to "have our lamps full." We need to be watching. Are we ready, washed and cleansed by the blood of the Lamb?

We don't have a lot of time left, but I expect the Lord wants us to be joyfully preparing for this greatest of events in our lives. What if we took Him seriously and truly longed for that bridal week with Him?

He said He was preparing a mansion for us. He said He would come again and receive us to Himself, that where He is we'd be also.

That is a delightful promise, and a blessed hope for us.

Let's have some wedding anticipation, shall we? 

No comments: