"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Monday, April 27, 2020

"Just Can't"

I was sent an article last evening from the NYT that was about the feeling of failure pervading people who are trying to get stuff done during this shut down.

In it the author reported on several people who had worthy goals of redoing decor, completing projects, starting healthier lifestyles, and other things of note with the "extra time" they had staying home.

The article said there seems to be a sense of failure regarding these notable ambitions and many are saying they "just can't" anymore.

I know I've said that a few times.

I just can't...

I've had trouble concentrating the past few weeks, particularly when I must focus on my Human Resources class, my Statistics and Evaluation class...(These are dry subjects for me)

My projects, discussions, papers, and responses are all dragged forcefully out of my mind.

Some days I really just can't...

Margaret left for the east coast last week. Ed got a job/internship. Cherie and I started back at the hotel (thankfully!).

School has pretty much been a constant in all of our lives, but OH, SO HARD!

My husband has a blessed job and is working from home. Wood is still getting split, branches picked up and gardens groomed.

I have a lot of ideas why I cannot concentrate as well this semester. You probably do, too.

I'm convicted about so many things, wondering about more, and struck with the lateness of the spiritual hour (and the desire to go sit on a mountain top for the balance of time).

I'm not doing that. My hand is to the plow. I still have people that I care about who are headed for hell.

You see, I actually do believe the Bible when it says people are lost eternally. The good part is that there are those saved eternally...

It's the lost part that too many people can't deal with. They just can't...

Anything but hell!

It just can't be!


Actually there are people going to hell who've had the Covid-19. There are those about to get it that will go to hell if they die. The time is NOW for sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

I talk about prophetic events all the time, and I'm really excited about them. I see things unfolding that just SCREAM at me JESUS IS COMING SOON!

In reality there are very few people who even care about this, and the rest just want me to "shut up."

Oh well. I do tend to cast pearls before swine more than I should. (I'm sorry, Lord!) But sharing the Gospel is what God mandated for souls to come to him. How shall they hear without a preacher?

We must stick our necks out and share Christ, even if it IS casting pearls before swine.

Hell is real, but so is heaven.

I don't want to even think about anyone I know going to hell. I just can't...


Will you accept Jesus as your savior and repent of your sins today? Will you be born again?
Will you humble yourself before the Creator and let Him define Himself?

Will you stop trying to make Him into your own image?

Will you share this path of truth and life with those you love? Will you pray for them? Pray for their salvation?

Do it. You can.


No comments: