"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

While the Limpa Bakes

I made a loaf of Swedish Limpa this afternoon. Since I'm waiting for it to bake right now I thought I'd take a second to report.

Limpa is a rye bread made with molasses and brown sugar, with caraway, fennel seeds, and orange peel. It's a bread I grew up with, and it's wonderful with cheese. I've posted about it before on Corgi Hollows. I'm sure the recipe is on here somewhere if you want to try it.

Ed has been baking too.

He tried the roll recipe from the Lincoln Del cookbook. They were perfect. He has a knack with baking.

He also had an interview via the internet today for a summer internship in St. Paul. I just can't believe he's at that point in his life. If he gets the internship he gets a job there at this company. It's a wonderful deal.

Cherie and I continue to plug away at very difficult classes. Perhaps the classes aren't so hard, but the semester is. We both fight the temptation to just ignore our assignments. I do hope I can get the engines running again. The Lord helped me finish my assignments last week, and I have a lot to do this week, too. One step at a time.

I ended up vacuuming for a couple of hours today. The pandemic has been conducive to doing jobs I have been needing to do for awhile. I know everyone is experiencing this.

I just happened to turn on the press conference yesterday. I understand it was unusually heated, but I thought it was funny. These are fascinating times, and listening to history unfold (like it is, with President Trump) is high interest. I know Covid-19 is a serious issue, but the drama between the president and the press is unusually diverting.

And we wait for our own verdict on the disease. How long before one of us knows we've had it, or have it, or been exposed to it, or have antibodies, or what?

I do have several people I know who have had it, been tested for it, have recovered, and are sick right now. I know of two people who have passed away who are connected to a fellow student. This is a very difficult time, and I am not making light of it at all. I simply must see things within a bigger perspective.

I write about that all the time.

I have hope.

I have Jesus.

I am praying for your health, and I'm praying for your soul.


The oven timer dinged, and I must get the Limpa out and get to bed. Breakfast is ready....

No comments: