"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, December 28, 2012

A Word on the Current Movie Scene

There are several movies that my people are twittering about right now.

I intend to see one today. (I go to the theater about once a year, and it usually has to do with what my book club has decided to select for December---we see a movie during that busy month instead of reading a book)

A word about "Les Miserables:"
Having read the book about 10 years ago, and having watched the Broadway version via TV, I must say this---the new movie, however spectacular it might be, must not be a substitute for the reading of Hugo's wonderful story.

The book brought me to tears for its beauty, its tenderness, its epic quality. Perhaps the new movie has captured some of that, but I wonder.

I have no plans to disturb the images in my mind from my reading yet, but perhaps I'll see it later when it comes out as a DVD.

If you loved it---read the book!

I won't even start on "The Hobbit."  Here is a nice little link related to that epic today: Why 'hobbit' is a word of praise

At least these movies are based on classics....

No comments: