"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Limpa

There is a funny (to us Scandinavians) cookbook called "Lutheran Church Basement Women--Lutefisk, lefse, lunch and Jell-O" that I have on my shelf.

It actually has a photo of my own great-grandma in it on page 51. She was a Lutheran Church Basement Woman.

I made the Limpa recipe on page 21 last night.  I used citron instead of grated orange peel, and I increased the sugar by 1/4 a cup. I halved the recipe, and still ended up with 4 round loaves.

It's good. REALLY good!!

I plan to take it to the Smorgasbord on Christmas Eve at my parents, along with the Jansson's Temptation. 

My parents have been concocting fruit soup and meatballs, red cabbage and treats all week.

Should be quite the feast, as usual.

Don't you wish you were there too? :)


No comments: