"Only one life, 'twill soon be past
Only what's done for Christ will last."

Friday, December 14, 2012

Losing a Pet

My friend lost one of her beautiful Golden Retrievers last night. He was getting old and had health issues, but still it is a shock. I grieve with her and her family.

Our pets are family.

I've got my own health issues brewing up. I keep telling myself that it only makes me long for heaven all the more! After my annual visit to the doctor I'll be adding a new malady to my list. My good intentions to balance my alkaline went haywire.   It's a good thing I've switched to organics and faithfully swim! We do what we can...

A recent poll taken in Denmark indicated that half the population prefers suicide to living.

Ya think???

Life can be cumbersome, painful, sad, and bewildering-----HALF THE TIME!!!!

But if you decide to "check out" you miss the end of the story, which is always the most interesting!

Yes it is tough down here. Sin did that to the human race.

No, that's not simplistic. It's truth.

The relatively short lives of our beloved pets help us to focus on the Giver of Life, and His promises of eternal life, the answer to this world's woes.

______________________________________________________________

I wrote this earlier this morning, before I had to leave for a funeral. Now we hear of the tragedy in Connecticut.

Until we repent of our collective sins and come back to a fear of the Lord as a society we have little hope of true reform.

Post-modernism is at work.

Today I will try to celebrate a birthday. My second son celebrates. As Micah the prophet admonishes, we will compartmentalize our lives and thank the Lord for His power in our lives, trusting Him that we all must live the appointed days...


No comments: